Safety and Trends in Food Processing Plants
Safety in Food Processing Plants
Food processing plants are an important step in the food supply chain. And the top priority inside these processing plants is a focus on food safety.
These and more safety measures are in place for all food processors.
This ensures bacteria doesn't spread and cause unwanted food illness outbreaks.
- Follow regulations regarding the type of licensed facility being used for food processing.
- Train employees in the education of food safety.
- Strictly follow the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Have areas which allow for proper clean-up and sanitation after Design food processing has been completed.
- Keep an eye on raw materials to ensure the suppliers are maintaining Good Agricultural Practices.
- Have the grounds of the processing facility clean and free of clutter.
- No windows or glass should be present within the food processing plant. It should be a completely closed facility.
- Interior lighting should be made to contain glass in case of bulb breakage.
- No plumbing or fixtures should be near the food processing areas.
- Only clean, potable water should be used and monitored on a regular basis.
5 key safety issues in processing plants: In order to have maximum food safety within food processing plants, these six issues should be addressed-
Trends in Food Processing Plants
Five trends expected to develop within food processing plants in the foreseeable future-
1. Cost-focused innovations
With consumers looking for value at a low cost its putting the pressure on food manufacturers to find innovative means of driving value. Food processors will look at their food manufacturing strategies with an eye on optimization. Flexibility to develop new cost models will come down to an examination of the product's profitability.
2. Energy efficiency
Environmental concerns have caused food processing plants to shift their methods into more energy efficient programs. Sustainability programs are a way to reduce energy consumption during processing. This helps food manufacturers reduce costs and increase margins as well.
3. Healthier, natural foods
With an increasing interest in healthier food options, food processing plants are facing the challenge of increasing output of organic or natural foods. The challenge lays in the types of equipment being used to handle this new trend.
For example, gluten free options are highly popularized. Having this process in bakeries requires a completely different set-up than the standard method of baking.
Along those same lines, derivatives of hemp like cannabinoids or CBD are being incorporated into food products now that they're legal. This goes hand-in-hand with consumer interest in more functional or fortified food items. The inclusion of CBD food products is popular for treating anxiety and intense pain. Food manufacturers are steering towards to incorporating CBD in meal items and snacks.
Technology is now driving many of the food processing plants. New innovations have helped to revolutionize the production of better food products. For example, Kraft Heinz now has a digital resource where they create strategies that will be the genesis of new food products. This strategy is helping them to capitalize on a large segment of the marketplace.
The benefits of blockchain is also becoming more widespread across the food industry. Food processors, manufacturers, and distributors are all leveraging the blockchain technology to increase profit margins of their businesses. The technological advancements will continue to innovate and build more trends within the food processing plants and the food industry at large.
Innovative trends at food processing plants: Innovations in food processing plants-
Online employee scheduling software that makes shift planning effortless.
Try it free for 14 days.
Conclusion to Food Processing Plants
A summary of the information on food processing plants-
- Food manufacturers are looking for more cost-effective methods to implement into manufacturing and equipment. They are even exploring automation to reduce labor costs.
- Food processing plants must focus on food safety to manufacture food products that meet the standards and regulations of the food industry.
- Innovative trends at food processing plants are being used to increase profitability.
- Sustainability programs being used at food processing plants to reduce energy consumption.